Warranty Terms and Conditions
LG Electronics, since 1st July, 2012, is providing warranty on its product for a period of Twenty-Four (24) months or Two (2)years in respect of service On all LG Products in Nigeria.
The Sales Receipt or Purchase Invoice showing the date of purchase of the Product is the proof of date of Purchase. Customers may be asked to furnish proof of ownership and date of purchase by showing sales receipt/purchase invoice. LG reserves the right to refuse warranty service if this information has been removed or modified after the original purchase of the Product.
NOTE: Servicing will be provided free of charge during the normal business hours and under safety conditions and circumstances for the period specified above from the date of purchase.
Warranty Contact Point
If, during the warranty period, this product fails to operate under normal use, the customer should return back the unit to LG Electronics Authorized Distributors or Service Partners, in the country/region where the product has been purchased from, or to the nearest contact points (pick up & drop off) mentioned by the Authorized Distributor. For more information regarding the Authorized Service Center or contact points, please refer to the Customer Service contact point mentioned in the warranty card.
In Warranty Terms and Conditions
1.The proof of date of Purchase is the Sales Receipt or Purchase Invoice showing the date of purchase of the Product. Customers may be asked to furnish proof of ownership and date of purchase by showing sales receipt/purchase invoice. LG reserves the right to refuse warranty service if this information has been removed or modified after the purchase of the Product.
2.The warranty does not cover product failures caused by installations, modifications, or repair or opening of a product performed by a non-LG Authorized person.
3.The warranty does not cover product failures that have been caused by use of accessories or other peripheral devices which are not LG branded original accessories intended for use with the product.
4.If LG Electronics repairs or replaces the product, the repaired or replaced product shall be warranted for the remaining time of the original warranty period or for ninety (90) days from date of repair, whichever is longer.
Out of Warranty Terms and Conditions
LG warranty is only applicable for defects in product material, design and workmanship. It does not cover the following:
1.Period Checks, maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear, corrosion, rust, stains, scratches, dents on the body or casing or paintwork of the appliance.
2.Damage or malfunction caused by improper or incorrect installation, poor or inadequate maintenance, or use or operation of the appliance otherwise than in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
3.Damage or malfunction caused by the act or acts of any person or persons intentional or otherwise, including but not limited to misuse or mishandling, fire or any natural disasters.
4.Un-authorized modifications carried out for the product to comply with local or national technical standards in countries for which the LG product was not originally designed.
5.Any Damage caused by excessive use, overcharging or failure to use in accordance with the specific instructions of care outlined in the product manual.
6.Defects or fault in appliances which have been used for commercial purposes or which have been rented/ leased or which have been otherwise subject to other than household use.
7.The model, serial/IMEI No. and product number on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible.
8.Tampering of appliance or undergoing repair, adjustment or servicing by persons other than those authorized by LG Electronics.
9.Any damage to property arising or in connection with the use of appliance or any malfunction or defect in the appliance.
10. LG recommends that separate permanent written records be kept of all important data. Data may be lost or altered in virtually any electronic memory product under certain circumstances. Therefore, LG assumes no responsibility for data lost rendered unusable whether as a result of improper use, repairs, defects, battery replacement, use after the specified battery life has expired, or any other cause.
11. This 2 years warranty does not cover ,accessories, computer accessories, like ( Brackets, HDD, USB, DVD-BD writers, Glasses )
– What does 24 months (2 years) warranty period imply? LG Electronics has increased its warranty period since 1st July, 2012 from 12 months (1 year) to 24 months (2 years) in African Subcontinent. Warranty is limited to the country/region where the product has been purchased from. Please refer to warranty terms and conditions.
– On what products do I get a 24 month (2 years) warranty? LG Electronics is giving a 24 month (2 years) warranty on all its consumer electronic products in the African Subcontinent since 1st July, 2012.
– When does the 24 months (2 years) warranty apply from? LG Electronics has started giving 24 months (2 years) warranty since 1st July, 2012. Customer who have purchased LG products until 30th June, 2012 are not liable for 24 months warranty period. Customer who purchase LG products from 1st July, 2012 are entitled for 24 months (2 years) warranty period.
– Can I exercise this warranty outside my country or outside Africa? The 24 months (2 years) warranty period is limited to the country of purchase and cannot be transferred or claimed outside of that country.
– How can I make a claim on this new warranty condition? A valid Proof of Purchase (Sales Receipt or Purchase Invoice) issued at the point of sale, is the main prerequisite for making a warranty claim. For further information or for more clarifications, please contact the nearest authorized LG Service center.